Hello RI Chapter members and candidates!
As I have not been able to see any of our members in person for several months, I wanted to personally reach out. Since March, we have had to cancel our monthly dinner meetings and I am not sure if our next in person, indoor chapter event scheduled for September will take place.
We have replaced our meetings with webinars and we have already had two great ones. Invites are emailed monthly and the webinars are complimentary. Making Ethical Decisions is next on July 23 at noon. Rita Williams-Bogar, CPCU is the speaker.
When the pandemic first started, the RI Chapter felt the need to help. We donated $350 to the RI Foundation COVID-19 Response Fund and more recently, $200 to the RI Food Bank.
The chapter is sponsoring 3 instructor-led virtual classes for this fall. The Q4 testing window (October 15th–December 15th) is the first window in which students will be able to take the new core course exams. The content and format has been transformed! Classes for AINS21, CPCU520 and CPCU 530 will be starting in August in preparation for the next testing window. Please see our website, RhodeIsland.cpcusociety.org [cpcusociety.us15.list-manage.com] or your company's education representative for more info.
The CPCU Society's annual meeting, which has been rebranded as In2Risk, will now be virtual on Oct 7-9. The Society's website, www.cpcusociety.org [cpcusociety.us15.list-manage.com] has updated information. I know it will have a lot of timely topics and expert content.
From Jessica Gaudio - CPCU Society Sr. Director of Membership
Believe it or not, it's already been four years since The Institutes announced the new CE for CPCUs program. You worked hard (really hard!) to earn your CPCU® designation and The Institutes will be recognizing those who participate and report their CE for CPCU credits. A few reminders:
- In July 2016, The Institutes formalized a CE for CPCU reporting component in recognition of the commitment of CPCUs to stay-up-to date.
- Existing CPCUs were given four years before their first reporting cycle of 24 credit hours. This expires on December 31, 2020.
- The Institutes will publicly recognize CPCUs who report and are in good standing – including a revamped good standing list on The Institutes' website.
- The Institutes are also introducing digital badging to distinguish those in good standing. Report your CE for CPCU credit now to ensure you receive your digital badge once it's available.
- The reporting fee is waived for Society members and many Society offerings are eligible for auto-reported credit including webinars and the upcoming In2Risk virtual conference.
Not sure where you stand? Login to The Institutes' reporting tool [cpcusociety.us15.list-manage.com] today. You may already have the 24 credits needed to renew.